Mark D. FeinknopfEmeritus Member

Loading image...
Loading image...

With an advanced degree from the Pratt Institute, Mark D. Feinknopf, AIA, (1892-1980) started the firm under the name Mark D. Feinknopf Architectural Firm in 1928. Located in offices on East Broad Street in the Armbruster Building, the firm was committed to the advantages of Design-Build as a project delivery system for many years, with a focus on integrating all aspects of architecture and construction into a service-oriented, high-quality, hands-on business. To that end, from 1934 to 1978, the firm operated a construction company, which included a woodworking shop where all the cabinetry for our projects was made. In his many years as an architect, Mark earned numerous City Beautification Awards; served as president of Heritage House and Pilot Dogs Inc., chairman of the Anti- Defamation League, and chairman of the United Jewish Fund Community Relations Committee; was a member of Columbus area Chamber of Commerce, the Pace Setter Club of United Way, and Downtown Lions Club; and was involved with many other civic organizations. Although he retired in 1977, Mark emphasized integrity, concern for detail, and responsiveness to the client, all of which we continue to encompass in our practice and core philosophy today.

EDUCATION

  • Pratt Insitute
  • Ohio State University, 1913